September 29, 2014 By Eric Berman
Song Of The Day by Eric Berman – “Salt Peanuts” by Dizzy Gillespie and his Orchestra Like the Rock and Roll that sprang from its loins, a new form of off-the-chart mid-1940s Jazz called Be Bop captured the imagination of the youth of America and positively terrified its parents. Not only was the music primarily an African American form, but “hep” cats known as “Bird” (Charlie Parker) and “Diz” (Dizzy Gillespie) were at its forefront. Gillespie is credited as the composer of this positively space-age tune, although the main riff … [Read More...]
The lively mix of instrumentals and vocals made famous by Chicago’s WNUA 95.5 lives on!
from North Carolina
|Streaming album rock, progressive rock, deep cuts, B-sides, rare live tracks and more from Okemos, Michigan USA.||Music Without Boundaries
The Adult Alternative
Legitimate Free-Form Radio. Long lost to the FM Airwaves, Rock ‘n’ Roll with a heart and a conscience
Keeping contemporary jazz real
Song Of The Day by Eric Berman – “Salt Peanuts” by Dizzy Gillespie and his Orchestra Like the Rock and Roll that sprang from its loins, a new form … [Read More...]
1967, Working at Abbey Road in London, The Beatles mixed the new John Lennon song "I Am the Walrus" which included the sound of a radio being tuned … [Read More...]
I'm Uncle Marty, this is The 3D RadioActivity, and I went camping at a music festival last week. The music, friends and food are always a good thing, … [Read More...]
Song Of The Day by Eric Berman – “Who By Fire” by Leonard Cohen It’s that time of year when Jews atone for sins and pray for forgiveness… in … [Read More...]
Phil Meyers’ Feed
SRN's baseball and hoops expert Phil Meyers' tweets are a humorous and irreverent look at the world around us.
Other Stations We Like
Radio Paradise is a blend of many styles and genres of music, carefully selected and mixed by two … [Read More...]
- The End of an Era: 10 Best Saturday Morning Cartoons
- Whatever Happened to the Cast of The Big Chill?
- It Happened Today — September 29
- Legendary Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever
- It Happened Today — September 28
- Whatever Happened To The Cast Of Happy Days?
- It Happened Today — September 27
- Casting The Manson Family
- Metal Monday: An Interview with Carla Harvey of Butcher Babies
- Toronto’s El Mocambo Is Winding Down Towards The End
- 62% of Canadians Now Use Smartphones. What Does This Mean for Music?
- We’re Entering the “Fourth Phase of Digital Music.” What Does That Mean, Exactly?
- Well, That’s One Use for 65,000 Old CDs
- Roxy Swain .. ‘Restless Hearts’ .. Today’s ‘Cool Album of the Day’
- Juice Lucafo Releases Debut Single “All Tied Up” Via “Grow Music Project”
- Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach “Painted From Memory”
- Billy Joe Shaver ‘Long in the Tooth’- NEW MUSIC REVIEW
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers .. ‘Hypnotic Eye’ – NEW RELEASE REVIEW