Song of the Day by Eric Berman
January 28, 2015 By Eric Berman
Song of the Day by Eric Berman – “Eli’s Comin’” by Maynard Ferguson He was considered one of the top “screech” trumpeters in Jazz, a style that was typified by a proclivity to spend an unfathomable amount of time playing in the upper registers of his instrument. But Maynard Ferguson was much more than just a screech trumpeter; he was also an educator and perhaps the most popular big band leader of the 1970s. While touring the concert halls of the world, he also took time out to perform hundreds of shows in high school and … [Read More...]
Today in Rock History
with "Packer Dave Rusch and Steve Leventhal ....A Super Bowl 49 preview with Andy Dorf from Sports Byline Sunday. The show includes interview audio from Richard Sherman, Russell Wilson, and Pete Carroll from the Seattle Seahawks, along with Justin Edelman, Tom Brady, … [Read More...]
January 28, 2015 By Marty Masters
A hat is a head covering. It can be worn for protection against the elements, for ceremonial reason, religious functions, for safety, or as a fashion accessory. In the past, they were an indicator of social status. In the military, they may denote nationality, branch of service, rank and/or regiment, while … [Read More...]
January 22, 2015 By Mark Meyers
I took advantage of some frequent flyer miles and a break in my schedule to head east to North Carolina and visit some hallowed hoops ground down on Tobacco Road. The UNC Tar Heels and Duke Blue Devils had back-to-back home basketball games … [Read More...]
The lively mix of instrumentals and vocals made famous by Chicago’s WNUA 95.5 lives on!
from North Carolina
|Streaming album rock, progressive rock, deep cuts, B-sides, rare live tracks and more from Okemos, Michigan USA.||Music Without Boundaries
The Adult Alternative
Legitimate Free-Form Radio. Long lost to the FM Airwaves, Rock ‘n’ Roll with a heart and a conscience
Keeping contemporary jazz real
1964, The Searchers were at number one on the UK singles chart with the Sonny Bono song "Needles And Pins." The group's second UK chart topper had … [Read More...]
1964, The Beatles spent the day at Pathe Marconi Studios in Paris, France, The Beatles' only studio recording session for EMI held outside the UK. … [Read More...]
Song of the Day by Eric Berman – “Eli’s Comin’” by Maynard Ferguson He was considered one of the top “screech” trumpeters in Jazz, a style that was … [Read More...]
Our Twitter Feed
Phil Meyers’ Feed
SRN's baseball and hoops expert Phil Meyers' tweets are a humorous and irreverent look at the world around us.
Other Stations We Like
Radio Paradise is a blend of many styles and genres of music, carefully selected and mixed by two … [Read More...]
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- When Skinny Puppy Goes Mellow
- Jay Z Just Dropped $56 Million to Buy High-Res Audio Streaming Service TIDAL
- In a Band? Looking to Get Some Gigs This Summer? What About Camplified?
- More Sub-Genres of Metal You Never Knew Existed
- So Will Blink-182 Be at Travis Barker’s MUSINK Music & Tattoo Festival or Not?
- J.D. Souther “Natural History” .. Today’s ‘Cool Album of the Day’
- Rosanne Cash “Rhythm and Romance” .. Today’s “Cool Album of the Day”
- Off Broadway “On” .. Today’s “Cool Album of the Day”
- Suzanne Vega “Suzanne Vega” .. Today’s “Cool Album of the Day”
- R.E.O. Speedwagon “Live, You Get What You Play For” .. Today’s “Cool Album of the Day”