Marty Zivin would have been sixty-one on February 22nd, 2017. A true pioneer of Internet radio, Marty launched The Choice, a Chicago-based rock station way back in 1997, a time when people were just discovering all the Internet had to offer. … [Read More...]
1964, The Beatles finished recording their next single "Can't Buy Me Love," at Abbey Road studios, London, (they had first recorded the song on 29 January 1964 at Pathe Marconi Studios in Paris). They … [Read More...]
with Packer Dave and Steve Leventhal Our 2017 baseball previews continue as John Polter talks Yankees, Dodgers, and the Texas Rangers. He also chimes in on hockey and soccer news. Jeff Rich and Josh … [Read More...]
with David Rusch and Steve Leventhal David Goodman from SuperGreen Solutions tells us how to become more energy efficient. Alan Schulman's Basement Watchdog solves flooding issues. Hear discussions … [Read More...]
We're definitely well grounded for program #371, I am your Uncle Marty on The 3D RadioActivity, this time playing songs revolving around the orb where we live, as we now embark on a quest to find a … [Read More...]
Song of the Day
Transistor radios…beaches…the warmth of the sun…crashing waves…Chicago? Yup! The Bucking hams were the epitome of 1960s sunshine pop with their perfect blend of warm harmonies and sophisticated horn-drenched productions. Their sound was more akin to California than their native Chicago, and they were responsible for a string of perfect pop singles during the late sixties like the number one hit “Kind Of A Drag,” “Lawdy Miss Clawdy,” the sublime “Don’t You Care,” “Mercy, Mercy, Mercy,” “Hey Baby, They’re Playing Our Song” and today’s … [Read More...]
Today in Rock History
1964, The Beatles finished recording their next single "Can't Buy Me Love," at Abbey Road studios, London, (they had first recorded the song on 29 January 1964 at Pathe Marconi Studios in Paris). They also recorded the B-side, "You Can't Do That," … [Read More...]
1963, The Rolling Stones started a Sunday night residency at The Station Hotel, Richmond, Surrey. The Stones were paid $41 for the gig and played on the first night to a total of 66 people. 1965, The first full day of filming took place for The … [Read More...]
1965, Filming began on The Beatles follow up to A Hard Days Night on location in the Bahamas with the working title of Eight Arms To Hold You. 1966, During an 11-date tour of Australia and New Zealand The Rolling Stones played the first of four … [Read More...]
Weekend Sports Report
with Packer Dave and Steve Leventhal Our 2017 baseball previews continue as John Polter talks Yankees, Dodgers, and the Texas Rangers. He also chimes in on hockey and soccer news. Jeff Rich and Josh the intern talk NBA hoops. Lastly, Paul Banks from TheSportsBank.net … [Read More...]
We're definitely well grounded for program #371, I am your Uncle Marty on The 3D RadioActivity, this time playing songs revolving around the orb where we live, as we now embark on a quest to find a little bit of Heaven here on EARTH. Click to listen =>[jwplayer mediaid="22758"] or download here: https://archive.org/download/The3dRadioactivity/3dradio_20170219-DiggingUpRadioactiveEarth.mp3 We prepare … [Read More...]
- Listen to Tedeschi Trucks Band Cover Clapton, Allman Brothers Band, Grateful Dead & More in D.C. – 2/24/2017 Full Show AUD
- Listen to Tedeschi Trucks Band’s First Night of Their Warner Theatre Run in D.C. – 2/23/2017 Full Show AUD
- Listen to Grateful at Sea’s Jammin’ Grateful Dead Set on Jam Cruise – 1/23/2017 Full Show AUD
- Front Row: Watch Phil Lesh and the Terrapin Family Band’s Wild “China Cat > Music Never Stopped” & More at the Terrapin House Party
- Listen to the Eric Krasno Band’s Blazing Grateful Dead and Jimi Hendrix Covers at the Ardmore – 2/4/2017 Full Show SBD
Update Winter 2017: Thanks to all who helped us stay on the air in 2016. We have a lot planned for 2017 and need your help. That includes the launch of a new station, and improvements to Acid Flashback Radio. A donor has offered to match … [Read More...]
Get a daily email with our newest blog posts. Subscribe to InternetFM.com
Also Playing on InternetFM.com
Get Our Daily Update Email
- DYR Today, February 25
- What do you Throw out When you Want to use it?
- Vintage Bumper Cars: One Man’s Crazy Collection
- What can you Catch but not Throw?
- There are Fifteen Birds on a Fence, how Many are Left?
- Wes Anderson: Inspired By All Your Favorite Film And Art Greats
- Incredible Memories Of Motown In The 1960s
- What is Half of 2+2?
- Virginia Is For Ticket Scalpers and Resellers
- Who’s the Most Important Part of a Band? Science Says It’s the Bass Player
- In Case You Missed It: A Review of the Foo Fighters’ Glastonbury Announcement Gig
- A Fantastic Acoustic Cover of the Solo in Pink Floyd’s “Comfortably Numb”
- This Woman is Having a SUPER-INTENSE Concert Experience. Or Maybe She’s Actually Possessed.